Tuesday 6 August 2013

When doing too much became doing nothing.

I have been trying to establish my business for almost 3 full years now. I took up web design as a career after getting the bug on Wordpress website design for personal ventures.  There is something enriching to me as a person about trying to be creative, it is how my brain has always worked and until 3 years ago, I never had an outlet to channel any form of creativity.

I have become steadily more competent at building websites and learning how to run every aspect of my business on my own, which I can assure you is no mean feat. I have made mistakes on countless occasions that have had me sat up into the early hours of the morning, trying to correct my errors without them being spotted.

During my last two years of trading, I have also been fortunate to have two baby boys, to add to the son and daughter I have from previous relationships, it has been a rollercoaster all the way, an extremely enjoyable one at that.

Up until two days ago I have been working at a decent pace and also took on a member of staff to help lighten the ever increasing work load that I found myself facing.

I came in work yesterday though and spent eight hours doing what felt at the end of it all like nothing. I have six big projects that all have deadlines for next week, and although my brain normally works in fairly competent manner in organising the workload, I feel like I am recovering from a lobotomy. My brain has just simply and honestly stopped working, the same thing has happened today, I have been on social media, read articles from the people that I respect in my field and become quite angry with myself that I am not focused on the job in hand.

I have let doing too much become doing nothing.


So I have  done what I always do at times like this, decided to get some of it off my chest, when I say some of it, I don't want to go into the fact that I was run over on my bike last week, or the home insurance people are ripping me off, that would just set me back another day.

So......... How has your day been?

No comments:

Post a Comment