Thursday 12 December 2013

Wordpress Theme Shoppping

It has been a long time since I went shopping for themes for Wordpress projects, I have always been a huge fan of the Genesis child themes from Studiopress, and I still very much am a huge fan.



However, some projects need a little something extra and with so many developers churning out beautiful Wordpress themes, it can be somewhat hard to ignore them.

We recently had a project come into our web design manchester studio that was for a dentist in the local area. Their remit or brief, was to have a website that was nothing like any dentist website on the market. So we did something we had not done in a long time and visited Themeforest to see what beautiful new, and responsive themes had been released.  I have to say that I always, no matter what the project, always move towards the creative folder of themes, if nothing else I get some great inspiration and get a handle on what is current.

The whole day was spent thinking will this do, will this one do, in the end I bought 2 themes and when it comes down to it, I don't think I will use either of them for this project.  My personal feeling is that a  website built on the genesis platform will outstrip many competitors who do not use it.

So even though it was a nice bit of window shopping with a couple of swish purposes, the part of me that wants to deliver websites that perform won't let me do it for too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment