Thursday 14 February 2013

A week away from web design

Well, I have been lucky enough to have the most extraordinary week and have felt both truly blessed on one side of the coin but slightly stressed on the other side.

It all started last Tuesday when my pregnant girlfriend came home from her scan and announced in a rather hurried state that she had to get her hospital bag together and go back to the hospital to be induced as the baby had not shown abdominal growth since the scan a week earlier.

Excitedly we got our things together and Ashley's dad looked after our son Jamie John.

I spent 3 days in the hospital and away from work waiting for something to happen. I had to also cancel driving lessons :(

But cometh the hour cometh the woman when it finally came time to pussshhhhhhh ashley was top drawer and had a beautiful delivery of our latest addition Patrick Ferguson Brennan. He is truly wonderful to look at and hold. He was born on Friday morning at 24 minutes past midnight.

I came home an hour later and crawled into bed knowing that I had my driving test at 9.15am when I woke up.

I passed the test and made it two special causes for celebration. The next day I drove to the hospital and picked up my girlfriend and new son and brought them home. Earlier that day I had been in manchester city centre and picked up an engagement ring for ashley so that when I brought them home I could propose.

I got down on one knee and popped the big question, she said yes. So now we are a year or two away from getting married.

Since Saturday I have had my one year old attached to me making it impossible almost to get any work done. Being a manchester web designer I am extremely busy at the moment with new projects coming in by the day. So that has been causing the stress levels to build ever so slightly.

But I just need to get into a better routine and all will be good again.

Right I am off to grab some breakfast before stay and play for the kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment